ScaleArc's Uptime Hero award celebrates IT innovators who deliver continuous app availability despite planned and unplanned
The latest winner of ScaleArc's Uptime Hero award is Michael Atkins, Director of IT Operations at DealerSocket. He leads the team that manages uptime and performance for the company’s SaaS offering for auto dealerships around the globe. Atkins has helped DealerSocket scale infrastructure, rebuild its data platform, and upgrade its database infrastructure to vastly reduce downtime – all to keep up with the company’s incredible growth. For his commitment to all of these uptime initiatives, ScaleArc is proud to honor Michael Atkins as a ScaleArc Uptime Hero. Congratulations, Michael!
Michael Atkins (center) and the Database Operations team of DealerSocketUptime Hero Award for Michael Atkins Press Release
DealerSocket Case Study
Uptime Hero Award for DealerSocket Blog
App downtime can come from lots of sources, but ScaleArc is focused on making sure databases aren’t one of them. Along the way, we’ve identified some amazing operations and other IT staffers who are changing the equation on app uptime.
ScaleArc's Uptime Hero customer award program celebrates their successes. What makes an Uptime Hero? Someone who has used ScaleArc to:
- prevent users from suffering app errors during a database failure
- implement zero-downtime maintenance, improving operations for their company
- survive a substantial traffic surge without loss of performance for users
- in production for six months
- demonstrated instances of maintaining app uptime despite database failover, leveraging zero-downtime maintenance, or surviving a major traffic surge
- support for inclusion in ScaleArc PR