Architect- Scalable Data Platform, Santa Clara, USA
Data access at massive concurrency and scale offers unique performance, availability, and manageability challenges. Our database traffic management product is designed to address those and deliver unprecedented value to our customers. As an architect for our scalable data platform you will be the technical expert leading the charge to architect, design and build the core infrastructure of our product so that it can handle the volume, variety, and velocity of the SQL traffic flowing through it, and deliver performance optimization, virtualization, and other value adds to the big-data ecosystem it is deployed in. Our ideal candidate is someone who has designed and developed massively concurrent and scalable database/ data management backend system/ platform at companies such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Box, Netflix, etc. You must love the problems of data at scale and bring deep insights into managing highly optimized access to structured (relational) as well as unstructured data. You must thrive in a fast paced, high-energy, startup environment. You must be motivated to make aggressive commitments and deliver disruptive high-quality products to market on time. Innovation and technology must excite you, as must a disciplined, process-oriented product development. You must be comfortable collaborating with, and driving offshore teams.
This position is based in Santa Clara, CA and reports to the SVP, Global Engineering.
- Architect, design, implement, test, and maintain the core infrastructure components of ScaleArc’s database traffic management products.
- Collaborate with the product management team and/or work directly with the field organizations/ customer to finalize the feature/ product requirements
- Work with the senior management to define the product strategy
- Motivate and mentor engineers in our offshore team.
- Stay ahead of the technology curve and make recommendations about technologies to build current and future products.
- 8+ years of design and development of massively concurrent and scalable relational and NoSQL/ NewSQL database/ data management platforms.
- A proven though leader with deep understanding of architectures such as SEDA (Staged Event-Driven Architecture) for highly concurrent server applications.
- Strong C/C++ based systems software development experience on Linux platform
- Solid understanding of relational, NoSQL/ NewSQL databases.
- Hands on experience with TCP/IP Sockets and UNIX/Linux internals, multi-threaded or event driven programming. Good understanding of Internet protocols including, HTTP, SSL/TLS, DNS, TCP/IP, SQL.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with HTTP Caching/Proxies and Web traffic acceleration techniques and technologies a great plus.
- Expertise to debug and troubleshoot complex software systems.
- Bachelor’s degree (in CS) or higher.
- High energy and motivation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and mentor other engineers
Occasional travel to India may be required.
We offer market-competitive benefits as well as generous stock options.
Only qualified candidates. No recruiters please.
Please send your resume to:
SVP of Global Engineering