KIXEYE Achieves 10X Database Scalability and Performance with ScaleArc
To meet growing global demand for its online games, KIXEYE needed a solution to scale its IT infrastructure, while ensuring 99.9% uptime for superior game performance and a positive user experience. KIXEYE also wanted to make it faster and simpler to pinpoint problem queries and take action to solve them.
- Source code modification causing unacceptable game downtime and consuming application development time
- A growing number of MySQL databases, with larger and more cumbersome tables
- SQL connection surges causing system interruptions
- Inability to quickly and easily determine effects of new game changes on applications and databases
KIXEYE leveraged ScaleArc for MySQL to:
- Leverage SQL connection pooling to immediately increase uptime for KIXEYE’s 29 MySQL servers and eliminate SQL connection surges causing outages.
- Take advantage of ScaleArc’s read/write split capability for horizontal scaling of its MySQL cluster, enabling slaves to be used for reads and offloading master servers.
- Obtain 360-degree visibility into every MySQL server to enable instant troubleshooting and identification of bottlenecks impacting game performance – turning a manual and time-consuming process into a ‘one-click’ solution.
- Scaled performance 10x going from 300 million to 3 billion queries per day without any hardware upgrades or application modification
- Lowered troubleshooting times from hours to minutes through real-time insights into queries
- Enabled faster game development with ability to quickly assess impact of application and database changes
- Achieved zero game downtime with automated database failover
- Reduced costs by eliminating headcount for log collection and analysis