Boost performance for read-heavy applications such as eCommerce, content management, or online media with read/write split.
Simplify database scale out – without fear of crashing – whether you're running Magento for online sales or WordPress or Drupal for websites and blogs. ScaleArc acts as a full SQL proxy to perform read/write split. Without requiring any application modification, ScaleArc:
- Automatically identifies which queries are reads and which are writes
- Transparently routes reads to the secondary and writes to the primary
ScaleArc implements read/write split in a manner that is:
- ScaleArc monitors database replication lag to ensure that the data from secondary servers is current and that each server’s replication status remains as close to the primary server as possible.
- ScaleArc lets you set up the appropriate replication lag threshold for your application’s consistency needs.
- ScaleArc preserves transactional integrity because all transactions are executed on the primary from start to end for safe execution of transactions in a read/write split environment.
- Once a transaction has started, ScaleArc makes certain that queries go to the server on the same connection on which the first statement of the transaction was executed.
Stored procedure aware
- ScaleArc understands which stored procedures are reads and which are writes, based on the description of the stored procedure within the SQL server.
- ScaleArc automatically and appropriately splits the load, sending stored procedure read data to the secondary.