Microsoft’s SQL Server 2016 offers many new compelling features. Upgrading to Modern SQL has proven challenging however – particularly since scale out requires application code changes. Migrating database workloads to the cloud has also proven difficult.
To help you get the most out of upgraded database, ScaleArc sought the perspective of the industry's leading SQL Server experts. In these pages, these folks – including several SQL Server MVPs – share their thoughts on the best new features, how to upgrade easily, and the best way to overcome challenges in the cloud. Each expert will answer the following questions:
- What’s the hardest part about upgrading SQL Server 2005/2008 to 2012/2014/2016?
- What are the problems faced while scaling a database or app?
- How does downtime caused by databases – both planned and unplanned downtime – affect a business?
- According to you, which is the best feature of SQL Server 2016?
- What makes it hard to move database workloads to the cloud?
ScaleArc is excited to partner with Microsoft in helping enterprises upgrade SQL Server. A 2016 Data Platform Partner of the Year finalist, ScaleArc lets you tap into the power of Modern SQL without writing a single line of code. Plus, our software augments the functionality of SQL Server 2016 to improve unparalleled uptime and performance.
So dive in now to get top advice from these SQL Server professionals. You can read excerpts of their answers below, or download the ebook for the complete Q&A from each expert.