ScaleArc Wins Gold 2017 IT World Award
ScaleArc for MySQL for Amazon Aurora v3.11 Named Most Innovative IT Software
San Francisco – June 14, 2017 – ScaleArc, the leading provider of database load balancing software, today announced that the Network Products Guide, the industry's leading technology research and advisory guide, has named ScaleArc for MySQL for Amazon Aurora v3.11 a Gold winner for Most Innovative IT Software in the 12th Annual 2017 IT World Awards.
These industry and peer recognitions from the Network Products Guide are among the world's premier information technology awards, honoring achievements and recognitions in every facet of the IT industry. Winners from all over the world will be honored on Monday, June 27, 2017, at an awards ceremony dinner in San Francisco.
The annual IT World Awards recognition program encompasses the world’s best in organizational performance, products and services, hot technologies, executives and management teams, successful deployments, product management and engineering, customer satisfaction, and public relations in every area of information technology.
ScaleArc’s award for Most Innovative IT Software pays tribute to the software’s power in enabling business continuity. The database load balancing software enables unparalleled uptime and performance for apps running in cloud, hybrid, or on prem deployments. The Amazon Aurora version of the software mitigates the challenges of cloud-based deployments, enabling app-transparent failover, zero downtime maintenance, and faster performance – all without any code changes to the application.
By supporting Amazon Aurora integration, ScaleArc enables Aurora customers to:
- Automatically discover an Amazon Aurora cluster and avoid manually configuring cluster details within the ScaleArc software, simplifying deployment;
- Detect role changes on an Amazon Aurora cluster, allowing ScaleArc software to automatically write to the primary or master files and read secondaries or slaves files when Amazon Aurora changes the role of servers in a cluster;
- Enable app-transparent database failover, so that ScaleArc software will detect a failover in progress, hold transactions in its queue and drain the queue when Amazon Aurora completes the failover, shielding the application and the customer from seeing application errors;
- Support geo-aware and replication-aware load balancing, enabling ScaleArc software to optimize performance by sending traffic to the best-performing server, based on time to first byte;
- Co-locate resources to ensure high application performance, allowing ScaleArc software to communicate with an Amazon Aurora cluster to ensure the ScaleArc software deploys in the same region as the cluster to avoid wide area network (WAN) latency from slowing application throughput; and
- Monitor database server health and replication lag, so that ScaleArc software can call from internal AWS tables to understand whether any database servers are behind in their replication performance to avoid serving stale data.
“It’s an honor to be named a Gold winner for Most Innovative IT Software,” said Justin Barney, CEO of ScaleArc. “This industry and peer recognition salutes the achievements of both our exemplary team here at ScaleArc and our valued customers, who inspire us every day.”
ScaleArc recently announced additional updates to its ScaleArc for MySQL software. The latest release enhances the query load balancing capabilities of the software and supports MySQL 5.7. To learn more about ScaleArc for MySQL, visit http://www.scalearc.com/how-it-works/products/scalearc-for-mysql.
About NPG’s IT World Awards
As industry’s leading technology research and advisory publication, the Network Products Guide plays a vital role in keeping decision makers and end users informed of the choices they can make in all areas of information technology. The Annual IT World Awards is part of the SVUS Awards® recognition program from Silicon Valley, which also includes other programs such as CEO World Awards, Consumer World Awards, Customer Sales and Service World Awards, Golden Bridge Awards, Info Security PG’s Global Excellence Awards, Pillar World Awards, PR World Awards, and Women World Awards. To learn more, visit www.networkproductsguide.com.
ScaleArc enables consumer-grade apps for today’s digital business – apps that are never down, are always fast, and scale anywhere. ScaleArc’s database load balancing software helps organizations of all sizes eliminate application downtime from database outages or maintenance, improve application performance, and scale database capacity – all without writing a single line of code. As a result, ScaleArc customers increase revenue, reduce operational costs, and accelerate time to market. Learn more about ScaleArc and its customers and partners at www.ScaleArc.com.
ScaleArc and the ScaleArc logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ScaleArc in the United States and other countries. All brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders.