Senior Database Internals Engineer – Oracle, Santa Clara, USA
Deep understanding of the internals of database connectivity protocols and networking stack is core to our product. As a senior database engineer you will be the resident expert on one or more databases for your insight into how applications connect to and query a database. Our ideal candidate is someone who has designed and implemented the database-server networking stack for Oracle and has strong interest/ experience of using NoSQL/ NewSQL databases. You should love big-data and be passionate about solving the scalability, availability, and manageability challenges in a web-scale client-server ecosystem. You must thrive in a fast paced, high-energy, startup environment. You must be motivated to make aggressive commitments and deliver disruptive high-quality products to market on time. Innovation and technology must excite you, as must a disciplined, process-oriented product development. You must be comfortable collaborating with, and driving offshore teams.
This position is based in Santa Clara, CA and reports to the SVP, Global Engineering.
- Architect, design, implement, test, and maintain the core modules of ScaleArc’s database traffic management products.
- Collaborate with the product management team and/or work directly with the field organizations/ customer to finalize the feature/ product requirements
- Motivate and mentor engineers in our offshore team.
- tay ahead of the technology curve and make recommendations about technologies to build current and future products.
- 5+ years of database internals R&D experience with database connectivity protocols and SQL networking stack for Oracle (SQLNET/TNS/OCI)
- 8+ years of strong C/C++ based systems software development experience on Linux platform designing and implementing scalable client-servers architectures.
- Hands on experience with TCP/IP Sockets and UNIX/Linux internals, multi-threaded or event driven programming. Good understanding of Internet protocols including, HTTP, SSL/TLS, DNS, TCP/IP, SQL.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with HTTP Caching/Proxies and Web traffic acceleration techniques and technologies a great plus.
- Good knowledge of NoSQL/ NewSQL databases desirable.
- Expertise to debug and troubleshoot complex software systems.
- Bachelor’s degree (in CS) or higher.
- High energy and motivation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and mentor other engineers
Occasional travel to India may be required.
We offer market-competitive benefits as well as generous stock options.
Only qualified candidates. No recruiters please.
Please post your resume on: