ScaleArc for SQL Server enables zero downtime for apps driven by Microsoft SQL Server, on prem or in the cloud. The database load balancing software deploys transparently between your apps and your SQL Server database or Azure SQL DB, abstracting your apps from your database. Learn more about how ScaleArc augments SQL Server 2016/2017.
Many SQL Server shops are just getting started with AlwaysOn Availability Groups, and ScaleArc makes it easier to adopt these technologies. We do read/write split automatically, so you don’t need to program read-intent strings or other modifications in your app. We support automatic database failover, preventing application errors by queueing queries during failover. We also support geo-aware dynamic load balancing, so your users get the best possible response times.
ScaleArc provides the perfect complement to SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups, making failover transparent to the app and improving performance for your users.
Key Features and Use Cases
- Support for SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008/R2, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, Azure SQL DB
- Integration with AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Automatic database failover
- Zero-downtime maintenance
- Cross-data center DR
- Geo-aware load balancing
- Simplified SQL Server upgrades to 2016/2017
- Caching to scale performance up to 100x
- Real-time analytics